Happy Holidays from SNAG!
It's been an amazing year, and we at SNAG (Seventh Native American Generation) are writing to encourage your support in helping us continue our work!
This year we released two issues of SNAG Magazine: Urban Rez and Roots of Resistance, both with music, art, photos and writing from more than 125 Native youth artists. We led free weekly workshops at Friendship House Association of American Indians Inc. and held our third annual Holiday Marketplace at Intertribal Friendship House with our largest turnout.
Our other accomplishments in 2009:
· Our co-founder Ras K'dee was a featured guest on Grit TV and was awarded KQED's 2009 American Indian Local Hero Award, for his commitment to the Native community.
· Our staff were guest speakers at the Green Festival and helped lead workshops with PEP at the Allied Media Conference in Detroit, and with our partners 7th GIV helped to establish an Indigenous Media track for 2010.
· Our staff led workshops in CA, NY, CO and Palestine and were featured guests on radio programs including Native America Calling, Your Call with Rose Aguilar, and KPOO's Eagle and the Condor, and Southern Ute radio.
· We held a "College Day," during which our staff writer and youth leader Obasi Turrentine, applied and was accepted to the Institute of American Indian Arts (IAIA).
· Over the summer we fundraised $9,000 to help take an Indigenous Youth Delegation to Palestine!
We are honorecd to receive your continued support for our work. It is because of you that we thrive! We know that times are tough and we appreciate any amount of support you can offer! For any amount over $10 we will send you a Thank You Gift of our new issue of SNAG Magazine: Roots of Resistance featuring stories, photographs and art from Palestine!
Thank you and have a wonderful new year!
Ras K'dee & Shadi Rahimi